About the artist – Kanchan Kapadne
Kanchan’s success can be measured by the fact that she has been really busy with henna and bridal make-up. Demand for her services has been on a steady increase in the past few years.
Kanchan’s work has been published on Jan’10 in Desi Fashion Magazine, Indian Wedding Magazine few times, Maharani Weddings and much more. She writes articles on beauty,fashion and makeup for several websites and communities. She says”Best part of work is being a part of someone’s big day and finding a smile on bride’s face is my big achievement and pays for itself.”
Kanchan began doing henna art in 1989 as a hobby, since then she applied henna occasionally on friends and family in India. Her love and passion for mehndi has become her profession now. She has been professionally practicing this art in the United States since 2005. She specializes in Traditional Indian style, Arabic Designs, Gulf style designs to trendy and modern design.
Educations and Credentials
- Airbrush Makeup : Victor Cembellian , MAC master class,San Francisco CA.
- Bollywood Makeup : Mickey Contractor,a leading makeup artist in Bollywood , MAC Master class ,Hollywood CA.
- Contour and Highlighting : Makeup Forever
- Understanding the faces : Makeup by Alo
- Red carpet to glam and bridal : Scott Barnes ( Je Lo’s makeup artist and the famous Kim Kardation’s contour trend setter)
- Dress your face live
- Updo class : Ann Ho , Milpitas
- Red carpet styles : Erica Carr
- Bridal updos and red carpet styles : Hair by AnaaK
- Certification of hair styling by Farrukh Shamoratov